WHO ARE WE?
At Bene Bono, your grocery shopping makes a difference!
Bene Bono offers environmentally & socially shopping with prices up to 40% lower.
In concrete terms, we provide a weekly selection of top-quality products directly saved from waste at discounted prices.
By shopping with Bene Bono, you:
- Support producers and manufacturers in upgrading their products,
- Take control of your consumption by actively participating in waste reduction efforts,
- Save money without compromising the quality of your groceries.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
200% saved from waste: products directly sourced from producers and manufacturers that would have otherwise gone unsold due to arbitrary distribution standards (size, shape, color, overproduction, etc.),
100% top quality: all our products adhere to our rigorous quality policy (taste, freshness, no harmful or controversial ingredients, ethical sourcing, no heated greenhouses for fruits and vegetables, etc.), including organic and locally sourced fruits and vegetables,
100% flexibility: subscription with no commitment (we're not like Free, but we understand), weekly deliveries, easy skip option for when you're away or unable to receive the delivery.
Today, we have already saved over 2100 tons of products, thanks to 20,000 satisfied customers. Tomorrow, we aim to save thousands of tons of products and deliver them across Europe!
As a fast-growing startup (with millions in ARR), we are focused on our mission and have the ambition to build an exceptional team in France and abroad (currently in Spain, but throughout Europe in the future). We already have more than 80 team members, called "Benies," and we continue to hire to support our growth. It's the perfect place to enjoy working as a team, have rapid career growth opportunities, and make a significant impact on the environment.
💕 A few words about our values, which are deeply important to us at Bene Bono.
Save what's good: We fight against waste for the benefit of producers, consumers, and the planet.
Save tons: To tackle this issue on a large scale, we aim to become Europeans' go-to choice for high-quality, affordable products.
Better every day: We constantly question and improve our ideas and practices.
Value time: We optimize our most precious resource—our time—to maximize our impact.
Feel safe: Together, we create a nurturing environment where everyone feels comfortable and can grow.
The objective of the recruitment is to build the best-in-class anti-waste e-grocery application with industry-leading front development practices & highest customer approval.
For that we are looking for a best-in-class senior Frontend developer and squad lead for the Customer Facing Squad team.
This position has two main challenges :
- Lead the Customer Facing Squad team : manage and recruit the talents in the customer facing squad team (both Frontend, Backend & Mobile developers), have the team develop and release software of best in class quality, enforce our best development practices (testing, peer review, pair programming…) and interact with the product team to estimate workloads and help prioritize the roadmaps
- Set Bene Bono’s Frontend best development practices across the 2 squads: evolve and refine our front development stack, follow industry best practices, keep an eye on our technical debt and set up our continuous improvement effort
Technical stack: ReactJS, NextJS, Flutter, Golang, AWS, Postgres, Aurora, Dataviz, Airbyte, Amplitude, Braze, Rudderstack, Retool...
You will be a perfect match for us if:
- You're a pro in Frontend development, especially an expert in ReactJS and NextJS ecosystem
- You have good knowledge in setting up continuous integration and development practices
- You're recognized as a pro of Frontend development good practices (think accessibility, bundle sizes, unit tests...)
- You have good management and hiring skills, you're great at speaking both to clients and developers and you love teaching each other
We value diverse profiles at Bene Bono! We take great pleasure in welcoming individuals with unconventional backgrounds, rich stories, and multiple life experiences. So, don't hesitate to send us your application!
You know Bene Bono is the right fit for you if...
🥕 You want your work to have an impact! And not just any impact: a positive impact on the environment and a community of producers, suppliers, and consumers on a large scale.
🌍 You crave to join a rapidly growing startup that doesn't shy away from its European ambitions (France, Spain, and soon across Europe) #helloitsme🎶
🧗 You're not afraid to get your hands on the pasta (is that a saying?), but you also want to evolve within a well-funded startup supported by renowned investors (€8M raised in 2022 from Stride in the UK, Project A in Germany, and Kima in France).
🤝 Joining a people-focused company that prioritizes diversity is essential to you. You want the freedom and opportunity to make a real impact.
Introductory call with Laure from the People Team to get to know each other, present Bene Bono and the role.
Practical interview with Marc, Chief Technology Officer, with study case to prepare
30 minutes meeting with both Sven, Chief Marketing Officer and Grégoire, Chief Executive Officer
Reference calls & meet-the-team moment and job offer 🤞
Warehouse locations: Orly, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux
Office located in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, with a flexible approach to remote work (approximately 40% remote work and open to full remote)
Occasional visits to our producers and suppliers.
A friendly team that takes great pride in its values!
Enjoy good organic products with a free monthly basket and discounts on baskets and grocery items 🍒
Employee Stock Ownership Plans (BSPCE) for all permanent employees.